However, one big fat point of caution: neither the content-hash nor the schema is yet final! I'm reserving the right to make incompatible changes without regard for backward compatibility in the 0.2 and 0.3 releases. So this is for testing and play, not yet for seriously organizing your life's cinematic work.
You can download the source tarball here: dmedia-0.1.0.tar.gz
Packages are available for Lucid, Maverick, and Natty in the Novacut Stable Releases PPA.
Contributors to the 0.1 release
Special thanks to:
- Stuart Langridge for helping me wrap my head around desktopcouch
- Jason Smith for helping me finally grok CouchDB views
- Paul Hummer for teaching me many Launchpad best practices
- James Raymond for adventurous beta testing and spearheading some great design mockups
- Akshat Jain for relentlessly recruiting people on IRC
Contribute to 0.2 and beyond!
We do monthly time-based releases, always releasing on the last Thursday of the month (except when I'm too excited and release a day early). That means we promise to make a release on time each month, but never promise what exact features will land.
dmedia 0.2 will be released on Thursday December 30 2010, and development is already underway. To get involved or track our progress, checkout the dmedia 0.2 milestone.
An IRC quote from #novacut:
(01:07:29 PM) ssj6akshat: m4n1sh, jderose was a debian user since ancient times
That's all, folks!
Thanks to everyone who is helping make this dream a reality!